On June 15, 2017, MAA held a Legislative Update on the docks of the Toledo Beach Marina.
Topics included updates on the current political climate as well as long term political strategies. A few of the items discussed were:
• 2018 State of Michigan Budget
• MAA’s involvement with the Governor’s “Good Jobs for Michigan Package”
• City of Detroit Bulk Solid Material proposed ordinance
• Proposed Extractive Mining Summit
• Reform of the Michigan Public School Employees Retirement System (MPSERS)
A special thanks to Stoneco for providing lunch prior to hitting the waters of Lake Erie for some of the best walleye fishing in the world.
If you were unable to attend the update and would like to discuss any of the topics in more detail, please contact the MAA office at 517-381-1732.