We are pleased to announce that Michigan’s new contact for MSHA EFSMS is Paul Cook who recently took over for Cynthia Butcher.
For those that are not familiar with the MSHA Educational Field and Small Mine Services (EFSMS), this division of MSHA provides assistance in the development or improvement of the health and safety programs of mine operators and contractors in the mining community. The EFSMS specializes in developing programs tailored to reduce the number of injuries and illness’ in the mining industry
Services MSHA EFSMA Provides are as follows:
• Providing regulatory assistance
• Conducting training program analysis
• Approving Part 46 training plans
• Providing concentrated assistance to mines with greater need; at these mines EFSMS implements programs such as Training Makes a Difference and Job Task Analysis
• Providing training to miners, managers, and other stakeholders
• Monitoring and assisting industry instructors to develop and improve their skills
• Participating in accident investigations and providing expertise on safety and training issues surrounding the accident to determine root causes
• Forming partnerships with associations and other entities to increase focus on safety and health issues in the industry
• Assisting with the development and growth of the Joseph A. Holmes Safety Association
• Providing information at public forums such as health and safety conferences and outreach programs
A little summary about Paul…
• 30 years of underground mining experience in various management positions including safety, training, production and haulage maintenance in Pennsylvania and Ohio.
• Received an AS Mining Degree from Penn State University and an AS Degree in Applied Science Mine Inspections from Mountwest Community & Technical College.
• Former OSHA Outreach trainer 1910 and 1926 conducted OSHA type facility and construction site inspections and conducted OSHA 10 and 30 training classes in New Jersey.
• Was a site Safety Manager for General Contractor Taggart Global, at Peabody Energy Bear Run Mine coal handling facility Sullivan County IN, overseeing over 20 sub-contractors.
• MSHA MNM Inspector for 3 years at the Manchester NH Field Office conducting mine inspections of various types mining processes.
• Has worked in his current capacity for 7 years as a MSHA EFSMS Training Specialist in the Hebron OH Field Office providing compliance assistance to Mine Operators and Contractors helping to comply and educate with MSHA regulations.
• Holds Certified Mine Foreman / Mine Manager in Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia, and Illinois and is a Certified Mine Safety Professional (CMSP). He also holds various MSHA certifications.
Paul has informed MAA that he ready and willing to assist Michigan’s aggregate producers. Therefore, please do not hesitate to contact Paul today.
96 Integrity Drive, Suite F
Hebron, Ohio 43025
Telephone: (740) 928-0479
FAX: (740) 928-0931
E-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org