Scholarship & Education
MAA Foundation Scholarship Applications Now Being Accepted
If you know a student that is planning a career in the field of mineral extraction, they may be eligible to apply for a MAA Foundation Scholarship. Students that will be enrolled in a college, university or technical school in the fall of 2016 may apply. Scholarship applications need to be submitted by April 30.
Scholarship Criteria Defined
Each year Michigan Aggregates Association Foundation provides a scholarship to a student(s) enrolled in an accredited institution of higher learning. The scholarship will be awarded at the MAA Winter Meeting.
- Must be admitted to an accredited institution of higher learning (four year university/college, community college or technical school).
- Applications from an immediate family member of an MAA member employee will be given priority.
- Priority will be given to college juniors and seniors that are in a related field of study.
- All candidates must complete an MAA Scholarship Application in writing. Including a short essay, “What type of career are you pursuing in the professional field of mineral extraction and how do you plan to achieve this?”
- Candidate must be enrolled in a curriculum that is affiliated with the extraction of mineral resources as judged by the Selection Committee.
- Scholarships will be awarded in two categories:
- Professional (geology, environmental engineering, safety, etc.)
- Application Deadline is April 30, 2016. Application must be submitted to the MAA office via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The scholarship award shall be up to $ 2,500.
- Unsuccessful candidates may reapply. Previous award winners cannot apply for additional funds.
Winners will be notified in late July. The Award will be presented at MAA Winter Meeting.
Filling out the Scholarship Application Form
Download the pdf scholarship application
It’s time to sell MAA Foundation raffle tickets
This past week you may have noticed that your company received a number of 2016 Michigan Aggregates Association Foundation Raffle Tickets.
The sale of these tickets helps the MAA Foundation raise funds for our Scholarship Program so please make sure to sell your allotted packages and help secure that the future of our industry will be filled with bright individuals who share the same passion about aggregates and geology as you do.
The winner will be announced during the Friday night reception (July 15th) of the 2016 MAA Summer Conference that will be held at the Grand Traverse Resort and Spa.
Please send any sales to Ruth Norris at the MAA office (215 N. Walnut Street, Lansing, Michigan, 48933).
If you are not able to sell your allotted amount, please return any unused packets to the MAA office by July 1, 2016.
MAA in partnership with Wayne State University is pleased to announce a series of Respirable Crystalline Silica Training sessions planned for April 2017. This FREE training is tailored for the construction industry including but not limited to workers, site superintendents, safety managers and employers who have not received OSHA New Silica Standard training. OSHA approved…Read More
2017 MAA High School Video Contest Details The Michigan Aggregates Association is once again conducting a high school video contest that promotes and highlights various aspects of the aggregate industry. The purpose of the video contest is to challenge students in developing a thirty second to three-minute video on creating awareness for the general public…Read More
Enrollment is open for 2017 Aggregate Training Classes!!!! Click here to register for a class. If you have any questions about registration, please call Tammy Van Putten, Ferris State University, at 231-591-5826. If you have any questions about the classes, please call Tom Larabel, Ferris State University, at 231-633-8468.Read More